All activities and processes at PLASGEN are aligned to the principles of the circular economy, with the primary objective of sustainability.
The purpose of the circular economy is to reduce or minimise the use of raw materials and the production of wastage and residues, whilst maximising the value of products, materials and resources (water, energy…) in the circular economy for as long as possible.
Company management supports a new model of sustainability which optimises the efficient use of resources using environmental, economic and social factors as key indicators.
Our commitment to sustainability is also reflected in the development of sustainable projects in conjunction with our stakeholders: clients and suppliers, as well as public institutions and other bodies in the fields of academia or research.
Nuestro Compromiso Estratégico es el apoyo al cambio hacia una economía eficiente en el uso de los recursos, colaborando e integrando a todas las partes interesadas, solicitando información relativa a sus consumos, riesgos y modelo de gestión sostenible.
Our strategic commitment is to support change for an economy which is efficient in its use of resources, collaborating with our stakeholders by requesting information concerning their consumption levels, risks and model of sustainable management.
All our products are 100% recyclable.
We actively collaborate with organisations which commit to the circular economy through use of recycled plastic, EuPC and ANAIP. In 2020, we attained the MORE label, a marker of our progress.
We manufacture products using fewer materials, water, energy, etc, generating less waste which needs to be properly managed. We adapt our production processes, standardising designs and production techniques, enabling us to reduce our consumption of raw materials for each application we manufacture, thereby minimising our environmental footprint.
For our clients
Our clients buy a more long-lasting product, which requires less energy or consumables to work and can be easily adapted. We provide our clients with technical advice on products and materials to achieve a reduction in film thickness, resulting in a notable reduction in consumption.
For our society
Society benefits from a greater availability of resources which can be used for other products and services. Due to the reduced environmental impact, there is a saving on treatment and restoration costs.
Social Support – PLASGEN and employees contribute through the production of surgical gowns for frontline staff in the fight against COVID 19.
Employability – Partnership with the Faculty of Chemical Sciences of Córdoba for end-of-degree projects and work experience in our production plant.
Training – Committed to workforce integration, we collaborate with the Sagrada Familia Schools (Safa) to facilitate dual professional training practices.
Engagement – We organise student visits to our facilities.
Tradition and culture – We actively collaborate in social, sports and cultural events in our region.
We calculate, reduce and offset our carbon footprint, which is the total greenhouses gases emitted directly or indirectly through our operations.
– We reduced our C02 emissions by 5.5% (-78,300 kg), following the conversion of our entire fleet of forklifts from diesel to electric.
– We achieved a 2% reduction in our water consumption.
– We managed and recycled more than 100,000kg of plastic waste, returning the excess to the value chain to be processed once more into the final product.
– We replaced traditional lighting across our installations with latest generation LED lighting and motion sensors, reducing our CO2 emissions by 2%.
– We ensure that at least 50% of our electricity is generated from renewable sources.
– We efficiently adapt our productive technology for minimal CO2 emissions and zero industrial waste, our fundamental principle being the reuse of surplus produce and minimising the use of natural resources.
– Efficient purchasing – We consider environmental aspects for all purchases of machinery, raw materials, packaging, etc, with the objective of minimising any associated environmental impact.
– We operate an efficient paperless policy. It is estimated that 24 trees are cut down for each tonne of paper. Implementing an e-billing system is more than a simple gesture to the environment. According to a study by the SERES Foundation, every million invoices printed implies the use of 10 tonnes of wood. The paper industry is one of the highest generators of air and water contaminants, as well as gases which cause climate change. We ensure that the little paper we use is 100% recycled and certified.
– Our commitment to the environment is reaffirmed with the implementation and certification of the environmental management system ISO 14001:2015.
Human capital is our most important resource, and company management believes that only an organisation which motivates its employees and offers training and professional development has the capacity to achieve long-term success.
We ensure that our employees manage and continually improve the quality of their work through their creativity, whilst supporting their personal and professional growth. In parallel, we encourage employee participation in the company health and safety policy, and we comply with their rights and obligations such that there is no discrimination, instilling the correct ethical and workplace behaviour.
Continuous training of our team, with more than 180,000 hours of training courses.
We have implemented an innovative initiative supporting the use of non-polluting vehicles by our employees by incentivising those who come to work by bike. With this measure, we will considerably reduce our environmental footprint.
We actively assess occupational risk prevention and we have a policy of continuous improvement of working conditions.
We have implemented and certified the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series OHS18001:2007.
Finalising the implementation of and migration towards ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management.
Se ha recibido un incentivo de la Agencia de Innovación y Desarrollo de Andalucía IDEA, de la Junta de Andalucía, por un importe de 73.030 €, cofinanciado en un 80% por la Unión Europea a través del Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional, FEDER para la realización del proyecto “IMPLANTACION ERP, CUADRO DE MANDOS Y SERVIDOR” con el objetivo de “Garantizar un mejor uso de las tecnologías de la información”.
Los ajustes de cookies en esta web están configurados para «permitir las cookies» y ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de navegación posible. Si sigues usando esta web sin cambiar tus ajustes de cookies o haces clic en «Aceptar», estarás dando tu consentimiento a esto.